1/2 kg. large round brinjals
1 chopped onion
1 teaspoon finely chopped green chilli
1 chopped tomato
2 teaspoons oil
salt to taste
1. Grill the brinjals on a fire until they become black in colour. Remove the skin and mash thoroughly.
2. Heat the oil and fry the onion for 1/2 minute.
3. Add the green chilli and fry again for a few seconds.
4. Add the tomato and fry again for 2 minutes.
5. Add the mashed brinjals and salt.
6. Serve hot.
7. Variation : Bhurta Salad :
8. Add 1/2 teacup beaten fresh curds and a pinch of sugar to the above mixture. Serve cold as a salad.