There are many varieties of dosa's prepared in south india with combination of various fillings and dips. Lets try a simple dosa here with garlic prawn stuffing. It's light and can be taken as dinner or even as a evening snack. There are a lot of dosa competitions happening in India and one can experience so any different mix and match varieties there. A world of traditional and fusion cooking.
For dosa batter
Boiled rice: 50 gm
Raw rice: 25 gm
Urad dal: 25 gm
Fenugreek: a pinch
Salt: a pinch
Water: 100 ml
Oil: to apply
For Hot garlic prawns
Prawns (medium sized): 10 gm
Chopped onion: 50 gm
Chopped garlic: 50 gm
Red Chilly paste: one tsp
Tomato sauce: one and a half tbsp
Salt: to taste
Sugar: a pinch
Celery: five gm
Vinegar: one tsp
Oil: 100 gm
- Clean and soak rice and urad dal for one hour.
- Grind it to not so thick nor too thin consistency.
- Add salt to taste in the batter
- Allow it to ferment for six hours before making dosas.
- Wash and clean shelled prawns.
- Make batter with maida, corn flour, salt, egg and water.
- Coat the prawns with the batter and deep fry.
- Sauté chopped onion and garlic.
- Add red chilly paste, tomato sauce, salt, sugar, celery, vinegar and water.
- Let it cook till it turns dry.
- Prepare dosa and Spread it, put the filling in the centre and roll.
- Serve hot with chutney/dips.